Title : Project Manager
Duration : 6 Months
Location : Owings Mills, MD
- Manages projects, develops and directs technical project teams through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process associated with major information technology systems projects that are essential to departmental missions and affect Client operations on a long-term and continuing basis.
- Determines Project goals and priorities with management, program manager and/or project sponsors.
- Supports requirements of the enterprise program manager to provide necessary information and support for successful program delivery.
- Creates all project planning documentation and follows all Client Defined processes.
- Manages and communicates a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivates the cross functional project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by the entire team.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
- Directs/leads project teams comprised of subject matter experts, technical specialists, and support staff to produce a business plan in accordance with the strategic plan, operating budget, capital planning procedures and agency guidance.
- Prepares, implements, monitors, and updates the project plan.
- Coordinates with the business owner and upper level management to ensure the actions are consistent with the approved plan.
- Identifies standards or requirements for change management.
- Participates in change control (for example, reviewing configuration change requests).
- Develops or implements information systems security and entitlement requirements and plans; and ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
- Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and project schedule in coordination with the line of business resource managers.
- Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers in a matrix environment.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manage the integration of team members' work.
- Manages the Project Budget with overall budget accountability for up to million per year.
- Collaborates with the finance department and various functional managers to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled; provides overall financial recommendations, and develops controls and measurements to monitor progress.
- Provides Finance with monthly accruals and forecasts by the due date established by Finance using the tools developed by Finance.
- Maintains current statements of work for all contractors; track and approve contractor invoices in a timely manner.
- Provides regular updates to project sponsors and stakeholders on the status of the budget.
- Documents reasons for budget excess or shortfall.
- Manages project budgets for both expense and capital against the original project budget.
- Creates Executive Summaries for all contractor resources required to complete a project.
- This position requires a four-year degree in CIS/MIS or equivalent experience of 3 - 5 years of related IT project management experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment.
- Out of the 3 - 5 years required, at least 2 years in a combination of the following:
- Progressive broad-based information systems Project Management experience (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desirable; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structures.
- Experience in execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, particularly as Project Manager on systems development, with working knowledge of Systems development lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.