SNI Energy's client located in Centennial, CO is actively looking to hire a Project Manager for an exciting full-time, permanent position.
- PROJECT MANAGER -
Position requires a technical background equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Qualified candidates will encompass excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to plan, direct, control and coordinate multiple global activities simultaneously. A thorough knowledge of project planning and management procedures, lean practices, risk management and effective engineering techniques is required. In addition, a strong foundation in engineering, project planning, machine construction, communications and basic qualitative/quantitative evaluation is preferred. Candidate should enjoy and easily be able to create relationships with internal and external customers.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following:
- Collaborate with customers and sales team to understand technical, schedule, and delivery requirements.
- Translates customer requirements to system requirements.
- Identify missing information required to complete design and assembly of machines.
- Review quotations, specifications and contracts for technical customer requirements and evaluate feasibility.
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules. This position will proactively support the operations life cycle (from order to commission) ensuring timely delivery of customer orders.
- Participate in cross-project planning to resolve conflicts with project priorities, resourcing, schedule and scope.
- Lead engineering and manufacturing project/equipment engineers
- Manufacturing support to prepare for equipment buy-off. As required, participate in acceptance testing.
- Track project changes and produce updated schedules as agreed with sales, engineering, supply chain personnel, operations and customers.
- Receive input from engineering and operations to develop and maintain detailed schedules. Take ownership to solve problems impacting project timelines and technical risk.
- Evaluate existing project management practices and recommend improvements to project and program management practices.
- Interface with manufacturing, purchasing, quality and planning during execution
- Liaise with management at all levels of the business.
- Routinely publicize and communicate ongoing projects, resourcing utilization, and project metrics.
- Take ownership and responsibility for assuring project scope is met within quality, cost and delivery constraints.
- Work under cross-functional direction from engineers, management, and senior management.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Minimum requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of complex mechanical systems and PLC driven machine automation
- Strong foundation in project planning and analysis, risk evaluation and mitigation, and strong communication techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Project Server, and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Estimated travel is 5-20% or as required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/ABILITIES/GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Speaking - talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion - persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding complex written materials in work related documents.
- Service Orientation - actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving - identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Coordination - adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Deductive Reasoning - the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense, i.e. critical thinking skills.
- Work schedule generally consists of 40-47 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends. Longer work weeks may be required during fluctuating business conditions.