Industrial | WSI
AZZ Specialty Welding (AZZ WSI LLC) is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry. Office located in Suwanee, Georgia
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. Designs, communicates, and implements an operational plan for completing the project, monitors progress and performance against the project plan, and takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
- Bachelors degree required, engineering (mechanical, electrical, welding, industrial) preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background in welding processes / technologies is preferred. Experience with project execution that includes engineering, subcontractor management, extensive planning, and field implementation. International experience is desirable. Product Management experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with petrochemical process systems and fossil fuel power generation systems operations is a plus.
- Familiarity with organized labor unions (Pipefitter and Boilermaker) is desirable.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Financial Planning and Management
- Strong technical aptitude (prior process systems/repair experience preferred)
- Strategic business planning
- Familiarity with petrochemical process systems and fossil fuel power generation systems operations
- Organization and planning
- Contract negotiation and closure
- Procurement / subcontractor management
- International project experience is desirable
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Have full P&L responsibility for the assigned projects portfolio to include bid preparation, contract closure, and projects delivery, to meet AZZ Specialty Welding's overall business commitments to their stakeholders.
- Regular reporting to management regarding projects revenue forecasting, sales closure activity, and projects delivery (operations) status for the assigned projects portfolio.
- Manage the bid proposal process and operational delivery process through use of in-house resources, as needed, to fulfill customer requirements and achieve target profit goals for all projects.
- Develop ongoing account relationships that can be leveraged for further development of existing accounts and gain exposure to increasing levels of business activity (RFQ and outage maintenance planning).
- Responsibility to manage multiple projects and proposals in progress and the same time
- Ability to prioritize needs based on internal, external and management needs
- Responsibility for developing and formulating the estimate and manage the quote through the gate process
- Financial acumen and Sales support to close work
- Prepare and present (for approval) all assigned commercial proposals prior to delivery to the customer to ensure the following:
- proposal content is complete and accurate
- technical accuracy for the work scope stated
- commercial terms and strategy meet requirements
- on-time delivery
- Negotiate profitable closure on all contracts to ensure terms and conditions meet financial goals.
- Develop project delivery schedules required to meet customer commitments. Monitor and report on performance of all projects with regard to quality, cost, schedule, and customer satisfaction.
- Leverage project implementation exposure and performance for added work and account penetration. Develop strategy and up-scope all projects to maximize revenue potential on each project through:
- use of pre project planning meetings / kickoff meetings
- use of on-site management time during project implementation
- use of post project reviews
- Maximize project customer and financial closure, as required, to ensure commercial objectives and account relations are maximized.
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel varies; commensurate with customer and position requirements to carry out job responsibilities up to 40%