Please submit resumes to sgeorge at divihn dot com or blessy at divihn dot com or call (630) 847 0231 or 224 704 1709 with any questions.
The objective of this project is to provide our client with exceptional candidates for a Contract position. This position is for an experienced Project Manager for our client's IT Pricing, Marketing and Merchandising projects starting in August 15, 2019.
This position will have a Technical and Business projects oversight providing overall guidance, leadership, and solid execution of IT portfolio of projects valued up to $5,0 million across the multiple business lines, primarily in Retail for Pricing, Marketing and Merchandising.
- On site Resource is preferred. Work location is in Chicago.
- We are projecting this to be a five (5) month contract with a potential for extension
- Target start date August 15, 2019 to December 31, 2019, if approved
Our client is an American retailer-owned hardware cooperative with over 4,000 independent retail locations worldwide. Members of the client's cooperative own their individual stores and operate independently of the client
The client has an opportunity for a Project Manager with 10 years of experience working on-site at our Chicago location. This opportunity will serve as the Project Manager for technology and business projects specifically in Retail for Pricing, Marketing and Merchandising projects
You will manage a portfolio of IT initiatives and applications projects across the multiple business lines with a budget of $5.0 million. One of these projects is a highly complex strategic project for a SaaS implementation for them.
- Manage a portfolio of initiatives that span multiple lines of business with a budget over $5MM. One of these initiatives is a highly complex strategic project for a SaaS implementation.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery that includes full implementation from initiation to deployment for several initiatives simultaneously
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, change, risks and issues
- Baseline and track budget for stakeholder review and assess and communicate any variance
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Set and continually manage project expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project stakeholders
- Manage project issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
- Understanding of project management principles. Methods and techniques
- Experience in successfully leading large scale projects on-time, on-schedule and within budget
- Proven experience in SDLC Methodologies, Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 10 years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- 10 years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
- High degree of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, JIRA and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Retail Pricing experience
- Prior Technology experience in Packaged Solutions, NET, ETL
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.