CareerBuilder is looking for an entry level Software Project Manager to join our team and drive projects for our small business to mid-market clients. CareerBuilder provides companies recruitment software solutions to help hire the right people, for the right cost, at the right time. With a strong history of growth, profitability, and exceptional service, CareerBuilder is ideal for driven, energetic, critical thinking professionals looking to learn and develop their skills in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
As a Software Project Manager, your primary role will be to drive a positive implementation experience using a consultative approach to build a long-standing partnership with our clients. You will work with multiple internal and client teams to provide a configurable customer solution and implementation strategies. This is a position with large responsibility and high exposure, for this reason it’s critical to have excellent communication skills, be business process savvy, have a strong technical background, as well as have strong organizational and time-management skills.
Major Responsibilities/Activities (List the major functions for this position, what the employee is expected to do on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis)
- Under direct supervision, works on routine projects and tasks utilizing the established processes and procedures.
- Reviews and manages scope of the project based on Scope of Work (SOW).
- Independently manages multiple software implementation projects simultaneously.
- Coordinates and leads all meetings with clients and appropriate stakeholders throughout projects.
- Follows CareerBuilder’s implementation methodology and best practices to deliver an optimal client experience.
- Adheres to established project SLAs, and documents variances from timelines accordingly.
- Partners with clients to understand their business operations and initiatives through a consultative approach to recommend the optimal software configuration to achieve their goals.
- Manages and oversees all operational aspects of their projects and identifies and escalates any issues appropriately.
- Leverages development tools to make requested configuration changes in the client’s software.
- Reviews and QAs customer setup or deliverable prior to client delivery.
- Communicates consistently and effectively keeping all relevant stakeholders up to speed with project progress, risks and milestones.
- Creates and maintains project plans/timelines, documents change, communicates impact and executes on updated plan.
- Conducts trainings for client’s admins and end users on effective software usage to foster adoption.
- Collaborates with other members of the Software Implementation team on complex projects
- Develops competency in all CareerBuilder products and services.
- Learns implementation process for multiple software offerings within the CareerBuilder software suite and begins to implement across multiple product lines.
- Facilitates the setup and integration of third-party partner modules.
- Oversees the workflows of all relevant product and support teams to ensure CareerBuilder is fulfilling all requirements and deliverables with the most timely and quality work.
- Maintains established NPS and QA metrics.
- Travels to CareerBuilder offices and/or client locations as required (up to 10%).
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills and licenses or certifications required, please indicate whether or not this is a requirement or a preferred feature.)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience in HR, Recruiting or Project Management. Software project management experience preferred.
- PMP or LSSGB certified is a plus.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Please list any additional knowledge, skills or abilities that will be essential in performing this role.)
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to translate detailed information into key takeaways
- Adapt to varying communication levels and styles
- Identify potential road blocks and pitfalls and to mediate risk
- Diagnose trends and use data and collective information
- Willingness to adapt to change in regard to project type, communication styles and process improvements
- Maintain a positive attitude – both internally and externally
- Manage, motivate and mentor internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work and collaborate with diverse personalities, roles and backgrounds
- Highly comfortable and competent in leading web conference meetings/webinars.
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills; including Project and Visio
- Salesforce experience is a plus