Summary:Management and responsibility for product and service launch projects, external and internal, and development projects.
Project Management 90%
- Manage programs that require the collaboration of cross-functional teams across all products and locations ie. be effective in communication, lead cross-functional teams (Product Management, Product Development, Merchant Sales, Channel Partner Sales, Marketing, Customer Care), drive changes and results, collaborate, escalate, execute, plan, document, and demonstrate thought leadership to execute projects for product and service launches and internal infrastructure and operational projects. May also include managing development projects.
- Drive launch calendars and conduct periodic touch points with the cross-functional team to ensure launches are tracking to plan.
- Define specific launch objectives, deliverables, timelines, and help remove obstacles to success.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Choose proper tools for project planning and implementation.
- Escalate project and process roadblocks.
- Monitor and report on progress toward key goals and objectives.
- Deliver consistent, repeatable launch best practices, processes, and deliverables. Retrospectively evaluate results and determine lessons learned to continuously improve them.
Project Planning & Reporting 10%
- Submit detailed weekly reports that convey essential information about the health, status, risks, and impacts of projects.
- Develop appropriate management reporting to illustrate key information on project progress.
- Highlight areas of risk and concerns, judge impacts, and offer solutions and alternatives.
*Will be responsible for other duties as assigned by Manager.
- 3+ years experience preferred of demonstrated experience managing complex projects (particularly technology projects) from initiation through completion on committed schedules
- Strong leadership, decision making, relationship management, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success establishing, managing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of employees
- Critical thinking, strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to predict areas of risk and concern
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details
- Familiarity with payment processing industry processes, technologies and players
- Comfortable giving presentations to groups inside and outside of the company
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (or equivalent) products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Knowledgeable with agile methodology and successful agile techniques such as User Stories, continuous integration, agile estimation, etc.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.