TEKsystems has gotten to a point where the degree of change and evolution in our business requires us to take a step back with our major strategic initiatives and make sure we have clear strategic alignment, clear governance and prioritization, a comprehensive awareness of how changes impact behaviors and ROI, as well as open communication and effective change management.
With those objectives in mind, we are slowly growing and aligning a team of leaders that have comprehensive experience across the enterprise to assist in the broader role of helping manage our Enterprise transformation - this is/will be our Transformation Program Office or TPO.
So, what is the TPO?
It is a group that combines dedicated Project Management resources with aligned Leadership and resources from areas of the company like Communications, Finance, Technology, Marketing, Training, Operations, Sales, Leadership, etc., to form teams that facilitate specific initiatives, projects and programs.
These specific programs - by way of their intended impact - are
and need to be supported and governed by consistent, repeatable, documented approaches across multiple operational groups. These approaches provide for consistent communication, metrics and reporting relative to objectives, progress, and outcomes - as well as emphasizing an operating rhythm that mandates the application of feedback and continuous improvement (Agile).
The aggregation and reporting of the TPO's metrics and feedback also informs the long term strategic approach and roadmap for the company's Enterprise transformation efforts.
What the TPO is NOT…
The TPO does not 'own' programs, projects or initiatives. It is a centralized support mechanism. All of the specific programs, projects and initiatives supported by the TPO have Executive owners/champions and accountable leaders/teams that ultimately direct and ensure that the outcomes are achieved.
The project manager plans, organizes, and monitors one or more projects to meet the defined requirements or business specifications. In collaboration with the stakeholders, s/he identifies necessary personnel, documents tasks that must be completed, and coordinates team members across groups to work together for the success of the project. The Project Manager is responsible for tracking progress on against what was planned. S/he will effectively form relationships and work with an array of internal customers.
- Clarifies project scope, milestones, and deliverables in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Clarifies success criteria and disseminates to stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Leads the development and management of the project work plan, including work sequencing, work delivery schedule, and resource responsibilities.
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Partners with executive sponsors and project team members to drive the success of the project.
- Adheres to methods, procedures and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress and provides recommendations on process improvements.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule.
- Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Communicates risks, needs, and status to stakeholders.
- Provides objective assessments of projects and team members.
- Consultant to business partners on effective project management practices and tools.
- 5+ years project management experience or equivalent business management experience
- Proven track record of managing projects
- Awareness of Agile and effective application of project management methodologies therein.
- Knowledge of the Project Management Life Cycle and/or the Product Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of organizational change management principles
- Knowledge of customer service fundamentals
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to work well with people from many different disciplines
- Ability to develop consensus amongst diverse groups
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft and Collaboration tools.
- Bachelor's degree
- Salesforce CRM Adoption
- Mobile App Release/Rollout/AFC
- Project Lighthouse Support/Delivery