Job Title: Technology Project Manager
Job Location: Louisville, KY
Job Description: Do you see your next career move taking you to a Fortune 100 Healthcare Company? Do you aspire to work in a dynamic, high energy, agile environment? If you feel these words describe your ideal career opportunity, we may have the position for you! As a Project Manager you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects across the company. You will be exposed to different environments and areas which will generate high visibility throughout the company.
Day to day responsibilities:
Utilizing ownership and commitment as the sole point of accountability, to work and manage competing stakeholder needs while anticipating and mitigating major risks. Understands the link between project goals and company-specific business context and/or reflects a strong learning agility in unfamiliar terrains. The Technology Project Manager has the full responsibility and authority to make decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations required to complete a project. A Technology Project Manager’s approach to the work, to others, and to self, must portray attitude of excellence in; Team Leadership, Stakeholder Partnership, Learning Agility, Risk Management, Business Knowledge, Ownership & Commitment, Judgement, and Process Adherence.
• Ability to lead through influence in both team and across matrixes and to negotiate and/or resolve conflicts effectively.
• Ability to Lead and Build teams that is both high-functioning and highly engaged, collaborative and cohesive.
• Ability to work up and downstream easily, including knowing or seeking out the right people for resources, help, or advice.
• Regularly and willingly shares knowledge and mentors others.
• Appreciate individual uniqueness, respect people and encourage sharing of ideas, create an environment where everyone can fully be themselves, reflecting all of us and the communities we serve.
• Replace judgment with curiosity, thoughtful questions and listening.
• Celebrate the broadest possible range of diverse cultures, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
• Collaborate openly; building positive relationships to achieve strong, sustainable results for us and the people we serve.
• Seek to reduce friction points and create quality experiences.
• Engage people in decisions that will impact them.
• Demonstrates exceptional communication in all directions (leaders and stakeholders) to build shared understanding, alignment, value, and commitment on deliverables including ability to communicate complex issues
• Demonstrates good delegation and facilitation skills of project parameters (cost, time, scope, & quality) with a strong yet comfortable presence in meetings and relationships
• Takes personal accountability to manage multiple stakeholders’ competing goals in creating quality experiences.
• Challenge changes that make things complicated
• Ability to shift easily between tactical and strategic work, and vice versa
• Ability to juggle all the requirements/volume and continuously deliver
• Ability to span many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.)
• Ability to identify and assess project risks, mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities.
• Has enough experience and insight to anticipate issues and solve them proactively.
• Knows the right questions to ask, gets up to speed quickly.
• Ability to be attuned with the needs of a project environment that is increasingly global, virtual and complex.
• Demonstrates understanding of the business value of the project and its broader impact on programs, initiatives, and the enterprise.
Ownership & Commitment:
• Demonstrates expanded level of accountability, ownership, integrity, and courage treating each project as if it was their own company.
• Ability to make good decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations.
• Ability to balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation.
• Follows processes well, including documentation – BUT also knows when and why to break from process, proposes a better way, and justifies the decision
• Demonstrates deep understanding of processes, and is able to fine-tune and adapt at a high-craft level
• Proficiency in financial forecasts and conducting on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
• Work and learn together, transforming the norm to strengthen operational excellence and outcomes.
• 5+ years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Software/System Development Lifecyle methodology knowledge
• Previous experience planning and managing large projects
• Six Sigma certification
• Project Management Institute certification
• Agile Certified Practitioner
• Prior experience in the health solutions industry
• Prior experience in Cloud, Security, and emerging technology initiatives
• Prior experience in Vendor Management
• Risk Management
Benefits of working with Brooksource:
• Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a deep understanding of the timeline and move you through the interview process faster.
• Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full visibility.
• Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer.