AZZ Enclosure Systems is looking for a Project Manager in the Chattanooga, TN location. Project Managers are the primary contact for AZZ customers purchasing Engineered to Order products.
- Serve as primary customer contact from time of contract until completed product is delivered and installed, as well as liaison between customer and company departments such as Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing and Shipping.
- Review customer specifications, project quotes, and purchase orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and negotiate change orders throughout the process of completing each project.
- Review structural and electrical designs for accuracy according to customer specifications.
- Resolve problems for customers in the process of completing production of projects.
- Analyze project revenue, cost, and profitability, including material and labor costs against project quote.Resolve discrepancies and report on profitability of projects.
- Follow status on projects, keeping customers informed, negotiating completion times between customer and manufacturing areas.
- Negotiate and coordinate production schedules with manufacturing areas based on anticipated equipment delivery dates.
- Meet regularly with customers - coordinate customer visits to company facilities.
- Maintain and update all project/contract documentation and schedules.
- Handle issues with damaged equipment, determining necessary actions to rectify problems.
- Schedule, review and ensure completion of customer and end user testing.Perform any additional duties as requested by customer or management.
Candidates must have:
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or other Engineering field preferred, or at least 5 years experience in industrial electrical engineering field.
- PMP certification and Professional Engineer license strongly desired.
- AutoCad/Solidworks and Microsoft Office Suite experience or training.
- Training in NEC, IEC and other electrical codes and regulations applicable to projects.
- Experience analyzing and designing power and control circuits, including MCC, switchgear, power transformers, distribution panels and transfer switches.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience dealing with customers on long-term projects.
- Experience with industrial electrical systems, and ability to interpret and design to varying specifications, and ensure compliance with NEC, IEC and other regulatory requirement
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with production personnel, designers, engineers, management, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and customers, balancing customer needs and requests with production and delivery availability.