BCforward is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager/IT - ISA - Project Services Manager in Indianapolis, IN.
Job Title: Project Manager/IT - ISA - Project Services Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Expected Duration: 6+ months Contract, potential duration up to one year
Manage software projects, such as:
- Enterprise or high-visibility COTS implementations.
- Financial and HR system upgrades and enhancements.
Manage infrastructure projects, such as:
- Enterprise PC and network refresh cycles.
- Server migrations and database upgrades.
Manage consulting engagements, such as:
- Operational business process reengineering or knowledge management projects.
- Hardware/software assessment projects.
In this role, you will:
- Function within a medium-sized IT organization (~150 FTEs) undergoing positive culture change, in a complex mission-oriented enterprise.
- Operate as part of a nascent Project Management Office.
- If you are successful, we expect to find new opportunities for you to add value.
You must have Experience:
- Working on projects with moderate to significant uncertainty.
- Tailoring project management best practices to specific needs.
- Successfully completing projects.
We prefer you have experience:
- Working in large, complex organizations on large, collaborative projects.
- Working on projects with many, sometimes conflicting, stakeholders.
- Working in or with government.
You must be capable of:
- Organizing and overseeing two to four medium or large projects at the same time.
- Applying structure to projects and teams with minimal formal project governance structure.
- Writing charters, building schedules, creating plans, and communicating across stakeholders.
- Collaborating with multiple vendors all badged as enterprise team members.
- Working on-site during business hours (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM), five days a week.
We prefer you are capable of:
- Adapting your behavior and expectations based on situation and context.
- Navigating task completion while working with stakeholders and team members who have competing priorities and limited availability.
You must have one of the following:
- A college degree and three or more years of experience managing infrastructure and/or software projects.
- 10 years of experience managing infrastructure and software projects.
We prefer you to have:
- A PMP or CBAP certification.
- A master's degree.
We prefer you to be:
- Always learning
- Open to new ideas and diverse viewpoints
Task-driven and relationship-oriented
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 92291 when responding to this ad.