Reporting directly to the VP of Engineering, this position is located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and manage assigned projects from beginning to end, including NPI projects
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents like work plan flow, detailed Gantt Chart/Pert Chart and RACI chart is created and utilized for project execution
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Update Senior Management and stakeholders in a timely and clear way
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years Project Management experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Microsoft Project required
- Certified in Six Sigma preferred
- PMP and/or PE preferred
- Excellent people skills required to integrate across functional boundaries
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 20%
- Normal office environment