Client is seeking a Project Manager to join their Nypro division which has recently been tasked with several large initiatives. One of which is global site-level technology refresh. This PM will be managing infrastructure activities including technical currency and drive project plan to ensure the infrastructure upgrades and hardware refreshes go well across the global manufacturing sites.
This Project Manager will need to have a professional attitude and be able to work closely with senior management to not only provide updates but be able to bring solutions when issues arise. They will not have constant hands on direction so they must be able to work independently. Since this is such a large scale global project the candidate must have experience working in large companies with exposure to difficult projects and aggressive timelines.
Project managers must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management methodologies in order to work with intricate, multifaceted projects. Project management certifications, such as those from PMI (Project Management Institute), also are highly recommended. Project managers/senior consultants need a combination of subject-matter expertise and project management skills. They must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and team leadership abilities, as well as the capacity to work with cross-functional teams to accomplish overall project goals. Employers seek at least a bachelor's degree (a master's may be preferred) in computer science, management or an IT-related discipline; specific consulting subject-matter expertise; and at least five years of experience managing projects from inception to completion.
Typical duties include:
* Managing overall coordination of IT applications development projects, from planning through implementation
* Setting project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverable schedules
* Facilitating discussions and consensus among various project stakeholders, such as analysts, applications programmers and clients
* Managing and monitoring project budgets and expenditures
* Developing and managing project specifications, technical design and requirements
* Setting project timelines, milestones and deadlines
* Coordinating work with cross-functional team leaders and monitoring and reporting on project status
* Assigning tasks to staff consultants and supervising work
1. 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager overseeing infrastructure/hardware initiatives. Examples include technology/hardware refreshes, data center migrations, server moves/upgrades,
2. Experience overseeing/defining platform configuration needs, setting schedules, issue resolution, map business processes to software functionality, document process and communicate progress to business owners and end users.
3. Experience managing vendors to ensure on time and on target project objectives are delivered successfully.
Plus: Experience managing/gathering requirements for global enterprise level software rollouts or upgrades. Experience overseeing technology rollouts for new office locations.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.