The Project Manager is expected to look after all aspects of the project delivery from initial set up to close out. This person will manage execute and deliver projects to the business and customer needs, while ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budged.
- Carrying out the processes of the project 'life' from initial hand over to close out. From kick off with the customer, through the business gated project processes.
- Ensuring detailed communications are under to support the project, including action trackers, minutes of meetings and documentation control as necessary.
- All aspects of project performance- including adherence to budget, and that delivery and quality requirements are exceeded. Also, ensuring the final deliverable is complete to customer specification, and accompanied with the list of customer documentation.
- Financial control - understanding and setting up project budgets, feeding into financial systems, invoice control and cash flow reporting. Maintaining accurate project reports and robust margin control.
- Detailed understanding of sub-contracted work scopes, ensuring purchasing to budget and in line with the right specifications and incoterms
- Working with the business to ensure that correct resources and suppliers are 'On-board' to ensure 'Right first time' delivery, within the necessary budgets and quality requirements.
- Risk management - understanding, control and mitigation of project risk (where possible, or reduction to acceptable levels) via risk registers, updated throughout the life of the project
Skills & Qualifications:
- Project Management skills
- Formal Project Management qualification (e.g., Prince II or APMP) or familiar with the defined processes.
- Very good communication and organization skills, ability to confidently present and negotiate with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc).
- Ability to work under pressure to meet customer deadlines.
Desirable skills, but not required:
- Bilingual- Spanish
- Gas Turbine knowledge.
- Fabrication / manufacturing project management
- Experience in the Aerospace, Marine, Energy or Automotive sectors
- Clear understanding of the capabilities of Primavera P3e, Microsoft Project or Asta project planning software would be beneficial.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.