Now hiring for multiple Project Manager
NO OUT OF STATE TRAVEL!
The Project Manager provides leadership and guidance to the construction team and assumes overall responsibility for the successful completion of assigned projects within allotted time and budget. Coordinates work efforts during preconstruction, estimating, contract buyout, construction and closeout phases of project including statistical and financial reporting. Manages projects within several vertical markets including healthcare, technology, education and office-type facilities.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Professionally represent the Company and effectively support Company strategic initiatives
- Establish and foster positive long-term relationships with business partners
- Lead construction services that satisfy client through on-time delivery of quality project within budget
- Cultivate new and existing business relationships by engaging in client pursuits, RFP's, and interviews
- Participate with superintendent, estimators and other project team members in preconstruction efforts
- Lead effective pre-planning efforts to ensure all aspects of project are addressed prior to mobilization and throughout construction process
- Review, monitor, and manage project budget, construction costs and other financials
- In partnership with superintendent, establish key project milestones through effective schedule management
- Ensure full implementation of Company safety, risk management, environmental and storm water programs
- Support Company Quality Assurance program through consistent focus on quality control
- Complete closeout efforts in timely manner; Properly archive project information per Company procedure
- Proactively manage disputes and claims to ensure timely and fair issue resolution
- Ensure safe work environment by modeling safe work behaviors, supporting and communicating safe work standards/practices and holding direct reports accountable for compliance
- Support direct reports through regular communication; Develop competencies and skills sets via active engagement in performance management process, employee development and problem-solving
- Travel to jobsites, meeting and client locations as needed in support of employees, clients, project team, etc.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent education/experience
- 5+ years commercial, ground up project management experience that includes management of large-scale projects up to $20 million; K-12, Higher Ed, Office Building and general commercial construction experience preferred
- Experience must include cost forecasting, owner change order preparation and negotiation and owner/subcontractor management.
- Strong technology skills; Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, CMiC, Sharepoint, etc.
- Key Competencies: Strong ethics and dependability, interpersonal/communication skills, leadership savvy, results-focus and strong organizational, multi-tasking and planning skills