Senior Project Manager
Atlanta, GA, 30303
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Fortune 100 Digital Media client to lead digital technical projects within the News & Finance business. The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects, successfully balancing scope, quality, time and resources to deliver against the strategic plan and objectives of the business. You will work closely with the internal development team, key business stakeholders, internal technology partners and various vendors. You will serve in a leadership position that requires excellent communication and technical skills, coupled with the ability to lead mission critical projects across a large enterprise.
- Lead cross-functional teams consisting of Product, Development, Design and Editorial customers, Software Developers, Quality Assurance Specialists, Ads and Analytics partners and 3rd party vendors from planning through launch.
- Assume ownership stake in all key processes including work in-take, sprint planning, execution, launch and retrospectives. Drive continuous review and optimization of these processes to ensure alignment with the business and operational goals
- Partner with product stakeholders in the development, prioritization and communication of the Product Roadmap
- Translate product objectives into integrated plans, schedules and budgets for the entire project lifecycle
- Manage expectations, negotiation, and communication with project stakeholders in support of delivery against the project roadmap
- Preparation and ongoing management of project tools and documentation, including time/financial tracking, project plans, sprints/rapid boards, status reports, and launch plans
- Ensure all project requirements, design mocks and related project assets are properly documented and communicated to project teams
- Perform estimation, forecasting and time tracking/reporting for projects and project resources
- Perform analysis against both business and technical constraints and provide value-based recommendations; Identify and negotiate/mitigate potential conflicts
- BS/BA in related discipline and at least 8 years of experience working as a project manager in Digital Media, Technology, or Software Development project management (required); mobile experience (preferred)
- Proven experience implementing Lean Kanban or Kanban practices required
- Familiarity with Clarity or similar PPM system
- Hands on experience with JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, or similar Agile tools
- Deep understanding of current digital/internet and mobile technologies and trends
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional and virtual teams
- Project financial management with a strong focus on estimation, budgeting and reporting
What's in it for you?
- Great campus environment with amazing onsite cafeteria and renovated work spaces
- High priority projects and visibility to senior leadership
- 1 WFH day per week and flex hours
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.