The Company continues to grow and expand its capabilities and is looking for experienced talent to work on multi-million dollar capital projects as part of the Global Projects & Engineering group. This group is responsible for developing and executing major capital projects on a global basis as a shared-service organization providing project expertise to all LyondellBasell manufacturing locations and businesses with an estimated annual spend of $1 Billion.
As a member of our dynamic Global Projects & Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and communicating capital projects schedules. The position can be assigned to one or multiple large projects as well as specific initiatives for business studies or system/process development responsibilities. US offices are located at the Houston Engineering Center, just 14 short miles from downtown Houston, TX.
- Lead planning exercises, prepare and maintain EPC project schedules for capital projects
- Ensure the appropriate level of planning and scheduling functionality is applied to support project controls activities through all phases of capital projects with an emphasis on construction
- Assists project team in resolution of issues involving cost, schedule, & changes
- Establishes & maintains common methods & standard reporting format for management reports
- Review schedules prepared by contractors to ensure appropriate level of details and structure are applied to ensure effective progress monitoring and project control
- Ensure schedules generated for a project are fully integrated and resource-loaded in order to ensure the accuracy of projected staffing requirements
- Provide necessary coaching to planners to insure the development of job plans that can be transposed into a workable schedule that accurately links required tasks and specific resources that are necessary to complete an identified work scope
- Ensure compliance of industry procedures and practices
- Set up, implement, and maintain project schedule related key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Obtains data on project progress, logic and manpower from Project Leads, contractors or other project/plant personnel. Review / validate expected milestone dates on new projects assisting in the setting of milestone targets as required
- Conduct schedule review meetings and assist in developing alternatives to accommodate changes to project plans and communicate any deviations of current plan to the project team
- Develop and maintain owner planning and scheduling procedures and practices
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering discipline preferred) or equivalent experience in the petrochemical project engineering and/or construction industry
- 6+ years of experience with degree or 10 years' experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years specific functional experience in the areas of EPC planning and scheduling on major capital projects is required
- Demonstrated success in proactively improving processes and systems
- Schedule and Risk analysis experience using Deltek Risk software preferred
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.