Job Description: Position Summary
EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department, establishing the budgets and schedules of the projects in their department, and reporting metrics and statuses to the Program Manager and the customer. They will provide leadership and direction to their direct reports and overall teams in terms of technical and non-technical guidance. They will also be responsible for helping to grow the business and execute the current work-flow.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide technical leadership and training in Protection & Control Engineering to the department and provide one-on-one mentorship and training to the Leads
* Establish, monitor, and maintain quality control standards for design services standards and products
* Monitor and maintain the budgets and schedules for all projects and work-flows utilizing designated systems
* Hold teams accountable to project estimates given to customer; make sure change orders are issued in a timely manner when appropriate and necessary
* Hold teams accountable to project schedules and deadlines
* Directly manage Leads and individual contributors in department
* Work with internal Leads as well as customer to drive business processes to make sure workflow and workload is efficient and effective
* Determine customer's needs and work with customer and internal team to make sure processes run smoothly
* Distribute workflow from customer to internal Leads to allocate to their teams (all projects filter through Supervisor)
* Interface, and be the liaison, with the customer on problems and inefficiencies
* Resolve problems that arise on invoicing, resourcing, and staffing
* Work out resolutions to disagreements between customer and internal team on processes and issues
* Proactively pursue solutions regarding personnel issues including hiring, firing, promotions, demotions, attendance issues, scheduling and performance reviews
* Utilize Microsoft Office and customer-specific software/applications to complete all tasks
* Drive development and training of team through Leads and help determine potential training needs
Work Environment: - The office is an engineering office environment that is quiet in nature.
- Teamwork is highly encouraged and happens frequently.
Qualifications: Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
* 10+ years of experience engineering and managing electric substation protection and control systems projects
* 4+ years of experience leading or supervising a technical design or engineering team
* Professional Engineering license, or the ability and willingness to obtain a PE license within an agreed timeframe
Performance Expectations: Requisite Abilities, Skills and Values:
* Demonstrated leadership skills managing large or small teams of diverse skill sets
* Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of protection engineering tools and software, including ASPEN, MathCAD, GE UR, SEL AcSelerator and 5010
* Working knowledge of Microstation and Bentley ProjectWise
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Customer focused
* Desire to develop self and others: technically, professionally and personally
* High regard for personal integrity, ethics and values
* Willing to give appropriate trust to EASi management
* Clearly understands the value of supporting and managing diversity in the workplace
* Team player with ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment
* Highly proficient in PC applications
Join EASi, a market leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market. Established in 1981, EASi is headquartered in Hanover, MD with engineering sites in the US and India. We offer comprehensive and innovative solutions covering Virtual Product Development, Systems Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering for our customers. Due to sustained growth over the last several years, we are looking to add qualified employees. EASi offers comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, optical, and optional 401k.
As a strategic engineering partner to many global Fortune 500 companies, EASi’s legacy of global engineering support services and consulting experience spans more than 30 years. Our expertise covers Automotive, Transportation, Aerospace, Construction & Industrial Equipment, Electronics, and Energy & Utilities.
EASi is a subsidiary of Aerotek, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Founded in 1983, Aerotek provides technical, professional and industrial staffing services to variety of industries. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., the largest staffing company in the U.S.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.