Location: Madison, WI OR Remote
Senior Engineer - develops business software solutions through test driven development, 12 factor principles, object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- As a member of an agile team, work iteratively on value added tasks to the customer and be accountable to the team in daily standups
- Design, code, test, and implement solutions as detailed in the requirements from the product backlog
- Automate the code build processes: Git commit, static code analysis, test, build, repo artifact, dev-test-prod
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects as appropriate to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability
- Develop high-level UML diagrams, use cases, wireframes, storyboards, and user interface prototypes
- Develop and maintain applications to the client's standards and quality
- Mentor and provide design oversight for non-senior members of the team
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
- Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
- Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
- Member of on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge/experience
- 5 years of experience in application development
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role
- Demonstrated understanding of 12-Factor application principles
- Demonstrated understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Demonstrated understanding of the Agile Manefesto and working as a member of an agile team
- Demonstrated knowledge of a cloud platform: AWS, Azure, GCP, Pivatol
- Demonstrated knowledge of pipeline automation with Jenkins and/or AWS CodePipeline
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design and programming techniques
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills
- Possess an understanding of the stages of the software development life cycle - Requirements gathering, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and be resourceful in order to participate in the development process
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other locations or client sites
- Cloud certification: AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Working knowledge of at least three programming languages
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. PHPUnit, JUnit)
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, and/or Azure ARM templates
- Exposure to or experience with API development (graphQL)
- Some knowledge of Apache HTTP Server
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Linux command line (bash), VI, etc.
- Experience with version control software (Git)
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!