American Cybersystems, Inc. (ACS Group)
Position : Pulp Lab Technician
Hours : 8:00am to 5:00pm
Duration : 12 months Contract on w2
Location : Neenah WI 54956
A pulp lab employee will perform routine technical tasks involving laboratory and test equipment operation.
They will take work direction from the pulp lab leader when necessary but are expected to be self-motivated to provide quality results to customers in an efficient manner.
- The pulp lab employee position requires a high school education and relevant experience or a relevant post high school degree. Strong mechanical aptitude is preferred when operating and troubleshooting test equipment. Position Duties and Responsibilities: Perform assignments in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform tests per standardized Work Instructions and record all test data. Maintain accurate records of all lab test procedures. Function as the point of contact for customers requesting testing in the RST system. Set priorities and timeline for completion of all test requests.
- Set up and assist in the operation of laboratory equipment.
- Assign tasks to less experienced pulp lab contract employees. Perform monthly calibrations of the laboratory test equipment.
- Send out samples for analytical testing. Attend bi-weekly meetings with customers.
- Maintain the housekeeping of the pulp lab to X-Mill standards. Maintain organization and labeling of samples in the walk-in cooler.
- Maintain inventory of all pulp lab supplies. Position Skill Requirements: 0-3 years of previous lab experience, preferably in pulp/paper.
- Knowledge of safe work practices which will allow the employee to recognize and resolve workplace hazards. Self-motivated and proactive to accomplish objectives and seek opportunities to improve efficiency of the test lab.
- Maintains a positive attitude and demonstrates flexibility when dealing with customer requests and changing priorities.
Demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail along with an understanding of customers product and process requirements.