Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
Description and Key Responsibilities:
- Power contractor role (test)
- Contractor will be required to test power converters and related circuitry in an electronics lab, evaluating the results to determine pass/fail status, and making minor design modifications to the circuits involved in order to get the design to pass test.
- Analysis and/or simulation of these circuits may also be required, as will periodic presentations of test data to technical authorities.
Required Skills, and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- May be required to obtain and maintain Department of Defense issued Secret Security clearance
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in electronics testing and analysis with emphasis in power conversion circuitry.
- Strong lab skills, with respect to testing power converters. This includes the ability to safely and reliably take data such as voltage regulation, Bode plots, and transient responses.
- Familiarity with all (and lab experience with most) of the following switch mode converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost, flyback, half bridge, full bridge.
- Experience in analyzing the above-listed converters, including spec compliance evaluations and analysis of proposed design changes
- Ability to organize and present quality data for technical review
- Demonstrated understanding of electromagnetic interference and working knowledge of military specifications
- Self-starter and ability to manage personal workload to meet assigned deadlines
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as strong written/verbal communication skills
- Customer-oriented and driven to meet or exceed expectations
- Minimum of 4 years applicable experience with a BS in Engineering,
Desired Skills, and Experience:
- Defense issued Secret Security clearance desired
- Experience with Military Standard specifications desired
- Experience with magnetics design and construction desired