DESCRIPTION OF POSITION/DUTIES:
IMPACT is an interdisciplinary team that works to further ESDS’s goal of overseeing the lifecycle of Earth science data to maximize the scientific return of NASA's missions and experiments for research and applied scientists, decision makers, and the society at large.
IMPACT supports the Earth Science Data System (ESDS) Program mission with multiple projects in order to meet the data needs of the research community in this modern age. ESDS also strives to encourage the use of Earth observation data by a broader user community through its focus on improving data acquisition, management, analysis, and exchange.
- Participate in meetings and working sessions with the IMPACT Team working in an Agile development environment.
- Support Project Teams (as needed) with the following:
- Perform detailed review of current condition and performance of existing infrastructure and capabilities
- Define future state solution design and operational/technical requirements
- Participate in solution identification, development, and implementation
- The ability to answer questions, lead discussions and/or refer additional resources on the following categories:
- Architecture / Integration / Configuration
- Technology Scalability requirement
- Security / Privacy