Python Developer with Java Experience Postion Summary:
Signature Consultants is looking for an experienced Java + Python services Developer who is well versed in how to build well-architected REST APIs, and who is also proficient in Front End development. Will work with our Content Analysis team, which creates and delivers metadata across a variety of content verticals & appropriately routes information to key systems, including Search, Discovery, Content Management and more. This individual will work closely with a Team Lead (Engineer) + Product Owner in our fast-paced, Agile environment. We're looking for someone who can produce clean, fast code that executes on feature requirements.
This position requires knowledge and development experience of existing and emerging Web and Cloud based Services (REST/JSON/XML) with the ability to rapidly code and prototype systems in a demanding fast paced multimedia environment. Will often have to work across the stack in delivering the necessary functionality for a system.
- Work as an individual contributor on a Scrum team, taking assigned tickets & delivering functional code for review by teammates
- Will work with management, developers and operations staff on projects related to technology and architecture of digital media systems including identifying and implementing products and services for Web based delivery
- Must be a creative thinker and self starter, able to identify solutions and quickly prototype proof of concept. Will be expected to quickly understand and embrace new technologies.
- Coding for prototype and production systems.
- Requires hands-on support for production systems and upgrades, which often occur outside normal business hours.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrated competence in full life cycle management of REST or Web Service APIs including specification and system deployment.
Desired technical skills in priority order:
- Experience building RESTful APIs using Flask or a similar microframework
- Scala - not required
- Spark - not required
- DBs: SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Neo4J - not required
- Experience with other common frameworks: React, Angular, Express
- Experience with all major web browsers & compatibility issues therein
- NodeJS (MVC, NPM, Pug/Jade)
- CSS (SCSS, Bootstrap)
- Git (GitHub, Gitflow)
- Experience with Cloud Computing: GCN, AWS (S3, Redis, SES, SQS), Akamai/other CDNs
- Can write automation/tooling scripts in your preferred language
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment ?
- 5+ years working as a developer in a professional capacity
- Experience with metadata or data pipelining preferred
- Has worked on teams / projects with 6+ engineers
- Scrum/Agile experience
- Software lifecycle understanding
- AWS Experience a major plus
- Experience with Dev Ops is a plus (+ Docker)
- Working knowledge of digital audio file formats and codecs
- Knowledge of automated testing, Postman familiarity a plus
- Used and/or contributed to opensource repos.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.