SkillStorm is seeking a Python Developer for one of our clients in Houston, TX.
- Candidates must be highly motivated with a track record of success in a financial environment.
- The ideal candidate will have strong experience in distributed low latency and high availability systems development or quality assurance experience.
- The candidate will have exceptional analytical, design, and coding skills in Python with focus on quality and the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
Essential Skill Requirements
- Experience in Quality Assurance Testing and Batch processing.
- Exceptional development knowledge in Python on Linux/UNIX.
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban) and continues integration
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Must possess a solid degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant analytical degree.
- Strong understanding of design patterns including why and where a pattern should be used.
- Strong understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application.
- Experience with Python performance tuning.
- Candidate must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of contemporary development processes, build environments and testing tools.
- Experience in 3rd line production support.
- Comfortable in communicating with business users Desired Skills.
- Experience working in a front office trading platform development team.
- Experience with Python data analysis packages.
- Experience working with global development teams