Responsibilities of the Senior Python Software Engineer:
- Help build our new software services to replace monolithic components of existing architecture and greatly scale our capacity.
- Translate new product requirements to technology choices, architecture, design and server-side implementation needed to provide the solution.
- Working with developers, designers, testers, and product managers in a collaborative agile environment to deliver product enhancements on an ongoing basis to live deployment.
- Solving high priority customer issues and getting the fixes deployed within a quick turnaround time.
- 5 years work experience, with 3 years developing server-side applications on Linux.
- 2 years programming experience with Python.
- 1 years developing and deploying low-latency, scalable, and highly available applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field or equivalent real world experience.
- Hands-on experience developing applications using Python. Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python is a plus.
- Have strong knowledge of cloud architectures.
- Experience developing services deployed on AWS that utilize one or more of the following: DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Redis.
- Document design and implementation details and be comfortable explaining them to other engineers.
- Write readable code with unit test coverage.
- Work with Git and continuous integration systems.
- Be eager to learn new technologies and contribute to projects outside of their core strengths.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to any non-technical co-workers.
- VoIP session setup and teardown using SIP and/or H.323
- WebRTC signaling support on server products
- Inter-operability with Microsoft Skype for Business
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.