Job Title: QA Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months +
Contact Info: Ella Blank -- 201.786.2414 -- email@example.com
- The QA Engineer is responsible for leading quality deliverables and QA planning efforts across multiple features or client releases, ensuring the stability of the software release candidates across all property, including connected TV devices, web sites and mobile platforms.
- You'll be responsible for working with a wide array of groups to understand the agreed upon functionality, how the functionality will work, and to create test cases and scenarios which will fully exercise this functionality.
- This QA engineer will also be a key partner with the user community to understand their roadmap and determine testing requirements. Works independently with oversight.
What you'll do:
- Projects and work related to specific platforms
- Assist in solving escalated day to day tasks.
- Report team status to QA Lead/QA Manager o Refine Test Plans and test cases
- Assist in creating comprehensive testing scenarios
- Deliver high quality, low to zero defect releases
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate processing flow charts, diagrams, tables, and other supporting documentation to convey proposed or updated testing approaches
- enforce, and evangelize standards for consistent practices throughout the department
- At least 3-5 years of experience within the Quality Assurance specialty
- Experience with Black-box/Gray-box testing
- Must have worked in positions which have site and product releases on a frequent basis (at least one per month)
- Strong knowledge of smoke testing, regression testing, test case creation, and applying automation testing to improve the delivery of the team
- Expertise in testing game console apps for devices such as Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, Chromecast and Smart TVs
- Extremely detail-oriented, possessing the ability to think outside of the box