Elk Grove Village, IL
Looking for an entry level food QA Technician. Must be flexible to varying 1st shift hours.
- Fully support QA and Operations management in quality programs
- Perform PH, Viscosity, Salt, Brix etc
- Engage with Operations, communicates with Line Leads and Supervisors to prevent and resolve any quality issues in the production floor.
- Ensure quality standards are met by auditing production.
- Perform pre-operational, operational inspections in accordance with GMP standards.\
- Carry out monitoring and verification activities in accordance with HACCP plan (including temperature checks and metal detector checks).
- Perform quality checks, including, but not limited to, label inspections (USDA bug), Lot code inspections, net weight checks, sensory checks.
- Verify equipment calibration (thermometers, scales).
- Verify specifications for finished products and incoming ingredients.
- Follow hold protocol for any nonconforming ingredients and finished goods.
- Verify specifications and validation for finished product and ingredients.
- Perform corrective actions for any food safety, A/B standard, or sanitation issues.
- Perform environmental swabbing.