Job Req #: 21-11022
Job Description: QA Test Engineer
Position Type: 12+ Month Contract
Our financial client is looking for a QA Test Engineer to join their Data Platform Business Delivery Team. This team is responsible for BI development with SQL, T-SQL, and ETL (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
The QA Test Engineer is responsible for the development and integration of the Association’s enterprise application and database systems. This includes proprietary enterprise applications and databases designed and deployed in-house as well as third-party applications hosted externally. As part of the Data Platform Business Delivery Team, this position is to be responsible for software and data testing design, planning, automated scripting and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications and databases. The QA Test Engineer works closely with developers, project managers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA life-cycle and methodology.
- Knowledge and experience with relational database applications (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, and SQL Query language) including the ability to write advanced SQL queries for comparative data validation
- Data analysis and testing experience (including test plan and script creation)
- Experience with SQL, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, or SSRS
- Proven ability to define, develop and maintain automated test cases with automated testing tools, like ReadyAPI, QuerySurge, etc. (Some Manual testing, mainly automation)
- Azure DevOps experience is a plus
- Knowledge of testing/development concepts and industry trends for cloud technologies
- Proven understanding and experience with Agile approaches (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) to software testing
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!