Job ID: 19-06486
Title: QA/Test Engineer
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Type: Direct Placement
The Ascent Services Group is looking for a Automation test engineer to join one of our clients in South Denver for a permanant opportunity. The ideal candidate will have expereince designing and creating test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases within both Waterfall and Agile environments. They will also have expereince using automated testing tools like Selenium, ReadyAPI, WinRunner, QTP.
As part of the QA Testing team, the candidate will be responsible for software testing design, planning, automated scripting and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications.
The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures and diverse technologies including digital. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology.
• Interact with development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives within Agile/Scrum methodologies.
• Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
• Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
• Develop and lead the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles
• Execute and analyze automation test results.
• Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
• Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using Azure DevOps or similar tools/means
• Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS in Computer Science or BA with equivalent technical competency;
• Relevant work experience in development and/or testing role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technical background and an understanding of the finance industry
• Knowledge and experience with relational database applications (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, and SQL Query language);
• Proven ability with automated testing tools, like Selenium, ReadyAPI, WinRunner, QTP, etc
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
• Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
• Must demonstrate a keen attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile approaches (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) to software testing.
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!