Job Title: QA Tester
Location: NYC (midtown)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months +
Contact Info: Ella Blank - email@example.com - 201-786-2414
- QA Tester to assess software quality through both manual and automated testing.
- While working within Agile environment, responsible for test planning, test execution, reporting all test results, and tracking defects till closure.
- Own the testing lifecycle for individual workstream which includes, individual system testing, system integration testing, end-to-end integration testing, performance testing, smoke testing, regression testing and system testing across the enterprise for multiple applications within the scope of the program.
- In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills.
- Be a part of an Agile team and contribute on a day-to-day basis for product quality.
- Candidate will be involved in testing enterprise solutions as part of a large software development team and work closely with software engineers, product owners, product testers, and business analysts to successfully test and assess ongoing development.
- We would love to meet you if you take Software Quality seriously.
- Assist in defining and implementing QA Testing Processes for Agile, Scrum of Scrum of program execution
- Collaborate with QA Manager to define end-to-end testing plan with defined test resources, timeline, and approach, including coordination across systems/projects
- Create test cases and scripts
- Manage and enforce the use of testing and defect remediation tools
- Enforce process for end-to-end testing and defect remediation, with ability to track defects to closure
- Enforce process for prioritization and communication of testing results to the business analyst, developers, scrum master, and other team members
- Implement the testing plan for any systems deployed, this includes functional, end-to-end integration, regression, and performance scenarios
- Assist in the development of all test scenarios
- Document all test plan results
- Review QA results with team members
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Assist in the selection of any automation tools used in performing QA functions
- Manage post Go-Live production defect triage concurrently with testing activities for in-progress development.
- Ensure appropriate quality assurance is completed prior to the releases and communicate test status for input into program go/no go decisions
- Attend Agile meetings
- Ensure all IT policies & procedures are followed