Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a QA Analyst for an opportunity in Hennepin County, MN. Our client is in need of someone with someone of a blended background (BA/QA) to support a large ERP migration effort. This person will have experience in testing and have an analytical background. We are looking for someone to be able to plan as well as execute (work hand in hand with the BAs, taking a business case and turning it into a test case, and combing through user stories to determine what needs to be tested and so forth). This person will also have to have a strong background working within an agile environment.
- Interface with day to day operations of the Project Management Organization (PMO) and Development teams.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and subject matter experts to define test objectives and standards by studying software requirements and hands on analysis of applications
- Analyze Functional Requirements Documents to create detailed suite of test plans, test cases, and test scripts for ConvergeOne's business applications ensuring test cases tie back to individual requirements
- Lead QA effort during deployments for assigned applications including coordination of cross functional resources as necessary
- Provide recommendations on areas for test case automation
- Execute test cases and analyze results
- Identify, record, document, and tracks code bugs as they arise and perform thorough regression testing when the have been resolved
- Independently investigate and identify any defect patterns and escalate to project team
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Participate in daily SCRUM meeting to report defect and test execution status to Senior Leadership Team
- Champion the adoption of the QA testing methodology across the functional IT team
- Communicate effectively within the team on challenges and escalate where necessary.
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of proven software testing experience
- Experience within the Agile Methodology
- Deep understanding of the software development and QA life cycle processes (including test planning, test case design, execution, defect tracking and reporting)
- Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment
- Prior experience driving issue resolutions with development
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills interact across all levels from junior members to senior management
- Knowledge with analytical tools, root cause analysis, or corrective/preventative action preferred.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and laymen's terms
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to be self-motivating and work independently
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office application tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.