Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under general direction, the Quality Assurance Analyst II evaluates and tests software programs to verify that programs function according to design documentation and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, documents, maintains, executes, tracks and analyzes test scenarios and test plans in collaboration with stakeholders; ensures needs are testable
- Maps business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases and test scripts
- Identifies, analyzes and documents complex defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, including but not limited to, outputs, online screens, content and security
- Validates new software in the production environment
- Conducts complex performing testing based on test scripts and test plan
- Assumes QA oversight of the project in areas of design control, risk management, design verification and validation
- Facilitates meetings and conference calls
- Mentors, coaches and trains QA Analyst I
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to QA processes, procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years software quality assurance analysis experience, including an understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience working with MS-SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 or 2014 is required.
- Experience writing complex SQL (Intermediate level) queries according to business rules is required
- Informatica DVO experience preferred
- Experience working with different file structures (csv, psv, flat files, etc) preferred
- Informatica experience preferred
- SAP Hana experience nice to have
- Proven ability to write and execute manual and automated test scripts.
- Expert understanding of Integration, Regression, Functional and Non Functional Testing techniques
- Proven knowledge of defect management tools is necessary.
- Proven ability to follow Company testing standards is required.
- Demonstrated experience with the review of software requirements, risk analysis, specification documents and testing procedures is necessary.
- Proven understanding of the Software Testing Life Cycle fundamentals is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; ability to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project, is necessary.
- The ability to work successfully within a team and serve as a trusted expert for assigned duties is necessary.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Proven ability to multi-task and motivate self and others while managing multiple projects and meeting various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
ISTQB or CSTE Foundation Certification preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.