Job Description: Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Position Type: Contract
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the timely delivery of high quality and frequently complex technology projects.
- Working as part of a larger project team with both the business partners and technology teams to ensure that test plans include both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Documenting test results and where defects are discovered they will assist in their resolution with the technology teams and business partners.
- Design and develop the test approach, test plan and test schedule to effectively validate technology projects on both functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Write test cases/scripts, create test data and document expected test results.
- Design processes for test case automation and test execution.
- Review system specifications and documentation at appropriate points in the Solution Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC). Define, track and publish quality assurance metrics related to each project.
- Effectively manage and execute the testing process to validate that all functional and non-functional requirements are met.
- Maintain records of all test results using the designated tool set.
- Provide consistent and timely test execution status reporting to the project team and business partners. Review system and functional documentation as part of the testing process and make suggestions for changes or improvements where required.
- Validate all product fixes and escalate issues that may affect the schedule, budget or quality of the product or testing process.
- Participate in business requirements discussions, design sessions and functional specification reviews with the technology teams and business partners.
- Ensure that test plans adequately test the functionality, interfaces, performance, and data integrity of the project.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current quality assurance principles, testing tools, processes, quality control methodologies and other technology advances.
- Provide testing expertise and coach/mentor the testing team around best practices in quality assurance methodologies, practices and techniques (this includes more junior Quality Assurance Analysts as well as the broader technology project teams).
- Strong experience of executing exploratory manual tests in addition to automated tests for both Customer facing Web applications and Webservices (REST API)
- Expertise in building test automation frameworks for Web UI in Selenium or TestCafe
- Expertise in building test automation frameworks for REST API services in RestAssured with Cucumber BDD framework and manual tests thru SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client etc.
- Experience working with Tools like Swagger, JIRA, Client ALM, Confluence and Slack
- Hands-on experience working with databases Oracle and MySQL & any one non-relational Data base.
- Thorough understanding and experience with source code control, GIT and forking flows using either GITHub or Bitbucket.
- Good Experience of build & package management using tools like yarn, Maven or Jenkins(preferred) and any code antifactory tool (Jfrog / Nexus, etc.)
- Working experience in Scrum (agile)methodology and able to understand Requirements, User Stories and capable of generating all types of Positive tests, Negative tests, Failover scenarios, backout tests, cross platform, cross browser etc.
- Thorough understanding of concepts & methods of Performance tuning & testing etc., Preferred tooling - Jmeter and Client Performance Center.
- Good experience working on Service Virtualization preferably through Wiremock.
- Good experience on the application monitoring and reading/analyzing logs thru Sumologic, Kibana, or Splunk.
- Strong understanding of HTML & DOM Structure and CSS. Also, the HTML Standards – HTML5 Preferred.
- Strong experience with fault debugging on API using log traces/mining and on-web application using developer tools & console on multiple browser IE, chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari. Secondary Skillset:
- Experience on continuous testing solutions, CI/CD concepts and tools like Jenkins, CA Release automation.
- Experience on Continuous inspection tools like Veracode, SonarQube, Blackduck.
- Hands-on experience on AWS based applications is desirable.
- Strong Banking domain knowledge.
- Basics / experience of IBM Mainframes – navigating thru CICS screens and querying IBM DB2.
- Prior working experience in microservice architected and container hosted applications.
- Experience working on Tealeaf.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!