Quality Assurance Engineer
The position of Quality Assurance Engineer will primarily be responsible for:
- Ensuring that gages are calibrated within the designated expiration times.
- Coordinating the submission and return of gages to 3rd party calibration services.
- Maintaining calibration certificates and records for the gages.
- Investigating any out of tolerance conditions.
- Participating in root cause investigations.
- New or revised procedures and processes.
- New testing equipment.
- Implementing assigned corrective/preventive actions.
- Verifying the effectiveness of corrective/preventive actions.
- Supporting ISO certifications by defect and follow up action.
- Investigating the cause of the defect and recommending corrective actions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with calibration programs including scheduling, documentation requirements, out of tolerance follow up actions, and control of gages.
- Familiarly in the use of dimensional measuring devices such as calipers, micro
- Conducting internal audits of the quality management system.
- Participating in 3rd party certification audits.
- Supporting measurement system analysis (MSA) by:
- Coordinating Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) studies.
- Assisting with GR&R data analysis.
- Addressing nonconforming product by:
- Communicating with the customer regarding the nature of the meters, pin gages, and gage blocks.
- Understanding of root cause analysis techniques such as 5 whys, fault tree analysis, Ishikawa diagrams, and Pareto charts.
- Familiarity with quality management system requirements such as ISO 9001 or ISO 13485.
- Experience with internal auditing principles including audit planning, sample selection, interviewing techniques, and report writing. ASQ Certified Quality Auditor a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic statistical techniques such as control charts, capability analysis, and GR&R analysis.
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
Chicago, IL 60623
Permanent with Benefits
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.