Quality Assurance Test Engineer
This role is a 6 month contract to hire. Our client is rewriting an existing business system, which includes call center, order processing, payment processing, invoicing and financial applications. This system runs their insurance business and is mission critical with high visibility. We are looking for a technical writer to work with the business on this initiative as well as making sure the existing system functionality is analyzed for any changes. This role will also assist with making sure that developed functionality matches requested functionality from the business stakeholders. This role develops requirements that drive our development efforts.
• Meet with business analysts, technical leadership and end users to document detailed functional specifications for software development projects and systems.
• Proactively research project changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
• Write new documentation based on use cases, user stores, feature requirements documentation, screen mockups, information from team members and by direct interaction with internal systems.
• Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and enhancements requested by business users and partners.
• Provide input on documentation design and implementation.
• Create system and reporting design documentation.
• Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates.
• Product screenshots, flowcharts and other graphics to explain complex technical topics in graphical formats.
• Produce detailed functional specifications outlining complex system functionality in an easy to read document that explains how the system is supposed to work and provides traceability to requirements and technical design.
• College or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, accounting, or management information systems
• 5+ years related work experience.
• Excellent English skills
• Proficiency in proofreading/editing, writing and verbal communication.
• Proven experience working in environments that utilize web-based applications, web service interfaces, batch processes and databases.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Logical and efficient.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to conduct research into business systems issues and products as required.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Nice to have: Experience working in the insurance and/or warranty industries. Experience with Salesforce.