Job Description: Quality Assurance Engineer
The quality assurance engineer will be responsible for managing the quality assurance system and oversees the QC process at .
This position needs to have a solid understanding of quality assurance system involving sample approval, FAI, PPAP, logging and managing quality records and samples. Additionally, the quality assurance engineer at our client needs to work with aspects involving supply-chain and understands the prioritization and urgency management.
Required strength include but not limited to: solid knowledge base, effective analytical skills, reliable implementation, good communication skills through the whole organizations, experience with quality assurance systems. Experience with international vendors is a plus.
- Review, understand, analyze, interpret, communicate and implement technical specifications and requirement;
- Understand engineering drawing and corresponding inspection methods;
- Establish inspection methods, acceptance criteria, sampling plan;
- Evaluate and report vendor capability and capacity to produce specific components;
- Inspect and verify incoming parts, report and certificates;
- Interpret, inspect and explain tolerances and technical requirement on drawings or technical documents;
- Implement quality standards.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering (mechanical, manufacturing or industrial);
- 2+ years work experience post undergraduate study;
- 1+ year work experience in the firearm industry is a plus;
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. ;
- PR or US citizenship required;
- Strong knowledge with manufacturing and quality related work, including but not limited to:
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance;
- Ability to conduct inspection in accordance with First Article Inspection (AS9102), and PPAP;
- Review, edit or draft quality/engineering related paperwork, including but not limited to Non-conformance report, Corrective Action Report, inspection report, etc. ;
- Strong problem solving skills, including but not limited to:
- Ability to make effective disposition solution to quality related problems;
- Be self-motivated, goal driven and can work with minimal supervision;
- Result oriented, properly prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects with strong project management skills;
- Proficiency with Solidworks is a plus;
- Familiarity with ERP systems is a plus;
- Ability to write and speaking Chinese is a plus.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.