The Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) position provides Quality and Manufacturing Engineering support to various programs, product lines and production process areas; primarily in Airborne products. The QAE's responsibilities support objectives for customer advocacy, regulatory compliance and competitiveness. The QAE interfaces regularly with Program Management, Engineering, Operations, and Customers to ensure that the Quality Management System and contractually defined quality requirements are understood, properly documented, flowed down, and implemented. Experience with Airborne Customer Documentation requirements and FAA Certification projects required. These would include, but not limited to:
- Interface with the MIDO, preferably experience working in a Part 145 Repair Station.
- Interface with DER's, DAR's, or ODA.
- Qualification, Reliability and FMEA plans/processes.
- Experience with new product development
- Facility requirements
- Equipment requirements
- Written procedures related to facilities, equipment, cleanliness, FOD control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides liaison activities with customers, DER's, DAR's, MIDO and/or MIDO and suppliers on all program activities.
- Support Engineering and Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system. Implement Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives as required. Responsible to author and publish QMS Operating policies as required.
- Participate in support for subcontractors to confirm compliance to quality requirements
- Collect, analyze and disseminate trend analyses related to field returns, manufacturing yields, supplier history for participation in process improvement efforts. May chair these efforts.
- Conduct thorough root cause and corrective action analyses.
- Initiate corrective/preventive action, investigation, and follow-up of adverse quality findings.
- Perform design review activities including inspect ability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to customer requirements and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers
- Develops in process and final product requirements, sampling plans, standards, testing methods, instructions and recording documents.
- Design and conduct process capabilities and stability studies.
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods.
- Interfaces with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
Language and Communication
Must have well developed written and oral communication skills with specific abilities to:
Author manuals, WI's, OP's and technical reports. Examples of specific reports include:
- Quality Assurance Program Plan
- First Article Inspection and Test (FAIT) Procedure
- Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP)
- Failure Report and Corrective Action (FRCA) Report
Present information to large audience in an informal, classroom and formal settings.
Effectively communicate with rank-and-file manufacturing associates, peers, senior management and customers.
Prepare documents using Microsoft Office products.
Understanding of Engineering Documentation:
Read and interpret drawings, specifications, standards, manuals, instructions and procedures.
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills:
Strong statistics skills (statistical inference and probability), solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to solve practical problems using limited standardized numerical information or when only qualitative data is available.
This position has no formal direct supervisory responsibilities. This position does entail supervising tasks and projects in a matrix structure with dotted line supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or equivalent discipline), from four-year college or university and a minimum five years related experience and/or training.
- Strong knowledge of computer application software, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ACCESS required.
- Working knowledge of quality concepts and tools (i.e., six-sigma, TQM, QFD, SPC, DOE, ANOVA, CMM (Faro Arm), NDI.
- Understanding of mechanical/ electrical engineering and systems integration.
- Knowledge of government and industry specs, standards, and regulations and their applicability to complex systems.
- Strong leader and experience in AS9100D operating requirements
- ASQ Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.