• A Quality Assurance Engineer II develops and maintains optimum methods of controlling quality and/or reliability of product or service in assigned areas such as: statistical methods, tooling and gaging, inspection methods, and program planning.
• Responsible for providing technical support in the conduct of investigations on known Quality issues. Implements plans and instructions in support of departmental policies.
• The QAE will work to determine Root cause and corrective action for known Quality issues using the 8D methodology and validated by the audit group.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and develops and promotes a good working relationship with local regulatory authorities.
• Ensures a safe, conforming and quality product is delivered to our customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop quality control methods required for the product or service of the area.
2. Prepare department procedures and instructions as required to implement quality control requirements.
3. Review Test and Assembly Documentation. Review new and revised Blue Prints.
4. Recommend revision or modification of systems necessary to maintain or improve quality and/or reliability.
5. Evaluate new quality control methods and techniques for application to current production and future planning and recommend actions.
6. Analyze inspection methods, techniques, equipment, forms, systems, records, reports, and procedures as they affect control of product quality and reliability and approve or recommend revision.
7. Perform miscellaneous special assignment assigned by group leader or supervisor.
8. Write and review both internal and external Corrective Actions.
9. Follow-up on Corrective Action implementation.
10. Participate in and lead audits and improvement workshops.
11. Assure that the investigations on Quality issues are conducted according to department procedures and work instructions.
12. Actively identify and complete process improvement projects related to achieving improved quality or efficiency of Quality processes.
13. Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction (internal and external customers).
14. Work with other departments and/or disciplines.
15. Execute company policies and procedures; develop new procedures as required.
16. Promote and encourage a continuous improvement culture.
1. Work with other departments and/or disciplines.
2. Execute company policies and procedures; develops new procedures as required.
3. Support the operating priorities as identified by the Quality leadership team.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.