CLIENT IS HIRING ON A CONTRACT TO HIRE BASIS. CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO CONVERT TO FTE WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP. REMOTE FLEXIBILITY IS AN OPTION FOR THIS ROLE AS WELL.
Client is looking to hire someone ASAP because they don't currently have any QA's so this person would be the Lead and only QA on the team.
This role is going to be on boarded as a 6 month contract to hire. It's more important to establish this role with the best fit. A person who has hands on experience as a QA versus a manager, and fits culturally. Someone who is patient, but yet can motivate folks to improve and establish process in the QA space. Knowledgeable, and a communicative style which leads to change. They need someone that has experience working through change control boards. If they had automated experience, that would be great, but is not needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Ability to improve and in some cases establish the QA function
* Integrate the QA role into the existing PMO
* Create process documentation
* Mentor and train people on how to create and facilitate testing events (functional, SIT, UAT, etc.)
* Review requirements and work with business and technical team to determine testable requirements
* Participate in design/build reviews to provide input and identify potential problems
* Determine the most efficient testing approach based on the potential risk and impact of the change, while ensuring appropriate testing coverage
* Develop, document and maintain test plans, test cases, and other testing artifacts
* Perform applications and integration testing as identified.
* Establish a defect management process: Isolate, replicate and report defects and verify defect fixes
* Expertise with testing applications and services
* Expertise in leading the QA role both on projects and supporting lights-on testing requirements
* Experience working with a CAB process - creating RFC's, and the artifacts that support the change
* Must have a continuous improvement mindset
* Strong analytical skills and attention to details
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with developing testing plans.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Must have the flexibility to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
* Experience with Automated Testing is a plus but not required
* Experience with ServiceNow, and testing tools (Jira, etc.) is a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.