The QAT is responsible for conducting functional regression testing, integration testing and automation, and identify scaling and security issues for distributed, service oriented software systems using Java, Python as well as user-level automation using tools such as Appium.
Find opportunities for improvements in systems, tools and processes, as well as drive these improvements across the development groups.
Work closely with the development groups that enhance and maintain the applications that make up the product and the underlying services that drive them. Write automated tests with Scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools.
Responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail and coming up with the test strategy/planning, developing test cases, driving the test case sign-off processes with the stakeholders, and test execution and reporting.
- 3+ years of software quality assurance engineering experience
- Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
- Experience with one scripting language, Java preferred.
- Experience executing test strategies, test plans and test cases
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field or comparable experience
- Experience operating cross-functionally and interacting with multiple management levels in formal and informal settings
- Experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing
- Experience with Appium (Selenium) or other automation framework
- Experience with bug tracking tools, JIRA or similar
- Experience with test plan management tools, JAMA, TestRail, Dynamics or similar
- Experience and appreciation of Quality testing framework
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing efficient, detailed and precise methods that verify product requirements or participating in the refinement of these requirements
- Highly analytical and detail oriented problem solving skills
- Demonstrated skill in Java
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.