Aerotek is currently working with one of the largest bakery manufacturers in the world, located in Ogden, Utah. This company is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Lab Technician to join their team. The shift for this role is a swing/graveyard shift, working M-Th, 3 PM - 1:30 AM.
- Responsibility includes the management of activities for the safety, integrity, legality and quality of our food products.
* Tests and processes all raw materials, intermediates and finished goods samples in a timely manner.
* Performs QA floor audits, analysis, etc.
* Documents test results as required by the company's quality control testing procedures.
* Evaluates test results and communicating deviations from the product specifications to the QA Supervisor and operators.
* Collects samples: raw materials, intermediates and finished goods to submit for microbial testing and evaluation at contract labs.
* Data entry into various systems and spreadsheets for QA program reporting.
* Bakes samples in lab.
* Performs pre-op and changeover inspections (including collecting ATP swabs).
* Enters test data and releases products in ERP system. Segregates and marks any non-conforming product identified while performing line verification or product evaluation.
* Completes all necessary reporting and record keeping on product samples released and perform data entry for Statistical Process Control of production in a timely manner.
* Completes Certificates of Analysis as required.
* Performs daily equipment calibration.
* Performs established analytical tests on specified raw ingredients and certify for use in production.
* Assists in training new QA Laboratory technicians in physical baking and analytical testing procedures as well as inspection audit requirements.
* Completes established shelf life tests of product samples as required.
* Maintains cleanliness on line and 5S standards. Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. End of shift requires removal of any waste and garbage generated during the shift. Ensures proper care of equipment.
* Supports product safety, quality and legality.
* Supports, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs and legality.
* Supports and complies with GMPs.
* Participates in TPM initiatives.
* Follows all company policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor of Science Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in quality control/assurance in the food or related industry is required.
- Must have intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic written instructions and perform tasks and projects derived from written instructions. Understand, read, speak and write in English.
- Must be able to manage time and priorities effectively and efficiently, keep confidential information secure, and be able to work well alone, as well as in a team environment.
- Perform basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, as well as an ability to use a calculator.
- Basic Statistical Process Control skills (using control charts, scatter diagrams, histograms, check-sheets)
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to wear company-provided uniform
If interested, please be sure to submit your resume along with your application
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.