- Plans and supervises daily activities of quality inspection technicians to ensure adherence to established department, organization, and customer specification parameters.
- Assists in developing inspection plans and balances technician workloads to ensure effective use of resources.
- Assists in the maintenance of inspection logs and writing inspection reports to document results to ensure that performance problems can be identified and resolved.
- Assists in establishing inspection and testing specifications and procedures to ensure quality standards are met.
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences to ensure processes are in compliance with internal and
- Trains inspection technicians to ensure that the skills and performance of employees meet the organization’s needs.
- Uses predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect arriving, in process and completed products for conformance to engineering requirements.
- Uses a variety of measuring devices, testing equipment's, and statistical control processes.
- Performs in-process, final bench and product feature inspections.
- Inspects actual products on the floor and on-line.
- Performs First Article Inspections (FAI) and conformity inspections.
- Raises notifications of non-conformance, quarantines non-conforming product and, when approved to do so, provides disposition.
- Aerospace experience (AS9100).