Title: Quality Compliance Specialist
Location: City of Industry, CA
Job Type: 6+ month contract
Provides clerical and administrative support to the various functional areas within the
Quality Assurance Department. Review day-to-day production operations to ensure the facility is operating within regulatory limits and guidelines. Will be responsible for administrative and business detail by performing the following duties:
Include the following: Other duties may be assigned:
1) Maintain all processing and regulatory compliance records:
a) Processor charts and operator logs
b) Sterile tank charts and operator logs
c) Filler charts and operator logs
d) Charts: CIP, raw receiving, raw tanks, sugar tanks, and other charts recorded.
2) Review and validate records for completion and compliance:
3) Coordinate regulatory compliance inspections and testing with State and Federal Officials.
4) Understand and apply rules and regulations within CFR Title 21, part 113 and the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance.
5) Interpret and apply all local, state, and federal regulations
6) Develop and maintain SOP’s applicable.
7) Have product records reviewed and released by LACF Inspector timely.
8) Work with R&D on plant trials.
9) Monitor all aseptic products (securing quarantines, resolve discrepancy, monitor Holds).
10) Trained and knowledgeable in Thermal Process Control, HACCP’s Food Safety and Food Quality.
11) Assist in training Operators and QA Techs regarding required documentation and tests for Aseptic.
12) Improve and organize Document Control recordkeeping.
13) Coordinate aseptic products restacking and released products in a timely manner.
14) Ability to communicate effectively with multiple departments.
15) Ability to be detail-oriented and to catch tedious errors.
16) Be a good Team Player.
17) Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) from a four-year college or university in Food Science or related area
- two or more years related Regulatory Compliance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer literacy and experience in word processing and spreadsheets.