LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
Supports the development and management of a company-wide Quality Management System including process development and related auditing activities to ensure compliance with requirements. Provides Quality process ownership and leads continuous performance improvement efforts. Uses strong background in manufacturing, lab, supply chain and quality to evaluate conformance to company quality standards and ISO and IATF requirements. Interfaces with internal stakeholders to enhance customer satisfaction. Provides recommendations to facility and senior management regarding conformance and data-based recommendations for continuous improvement.Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary contact for the Quality Management System sites in their area of responsibility
- Responsible for continuous improvement of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 compliant systems
- Manages the LyondellBasell process for customer complaints and quality-related feedback.
- Develop, communicate, and manage Quality KPI's and implements improvement plans.
- Assists in the change from a regional to a to global quality management system.
- Actively participate in the Quality Network to share leading practices, maintain alignment across sites/businesses and continuously improve quality processes.
- Conducts internal quality audits and provides written reports
- Conducts quality investigations, as required, and provides training on QMS processes.
- Engage with business, manufacturing supply chain, procurement and other effected functions to ensure Quality is embedded part of their processes.
- Responsible for Quality awareness in areas of responsibility
- Act as an independent Quality expert to both registrar and customers audits and assessments.
- Promptly responds to customer surveys and informational needs.
- Drives system and performance enhancements to further identify and reduce quality risks
- Identifies and implements efficiency and effectiveness improvements to QMS processes
- Associate's degree required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years relevant, industry related experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of quality techniques, methods, and standards including:
- Auditor experience in relevant Quality Standards
- Practical experience in problem solving and investigation techniques
- Performing statistical analysis and data analytics
- Excellent verbal, written skills and presentation skills
- Drives Results, Customer Focus and Ensure Accountability
- Ability to effectively work with stakeholder of different levels internal and external to the Company
- Business focus to ensure value adding activities are captured and implemented
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, including executive management
- Ability to lead through influence, and manage and direct an audit team
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated change management skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Analytical skills and the ability to translate data into leveraging action
Degree in Engineering or Business is preferredCompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Nearest Major Market: Houston