This position will develop, implement, and manage the quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of advanced composite materials and applications. This position supervises a team of 4 quality control inspectors and works alongside upper management, engineers and the purchasing department.
DAY TO DAY:
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards following ISO 9001, AS 9100 and FAA 14 CFR
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products
- Dealing with customers and answering quality issues and technical issues and we have lots of requests for certifications for suppliers
- Maintain AS9100 certification - corrective action plans, maintain supplier database and perform internal audits (they get recertified for AS9100 once a year)
-Focus on calibration for tools and equipment as required
- Provide and oversee inspection activity for product throughout the production cycle
- Interact with vendors to ensure the quality of all purchased parts
- Supervise workers based on inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
1st Day (MUST HAVES):
- Aerospace experience
- 3+ years of ISO 9001 / AS9100 experience
- Hands-on experience with inspection tools (calipers, micrometers, gauges, surface plates, CMM)
- Ability to maintain and keep an organized schedule
- Read engineering blueprints
- Write procedures from scratch
- Strong written/ verbal communication
NICE TO HAVES:
- Electronics experience
- Green Belt Six Sigma Certification
- CMM operation experience
- Military manufacturing experience
- ITAR and DFAR knowledge
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.