Quality Engineer 3 will be heavily involved in the FAI report writing, you will start day one with getting familiar with the backlog of work and the current operating practices for inspections, and then will be responsible for an overhaul on the FAI plan.
You will work with cross functional teams to look into the FAI planning and execution, will do RCA and work with the MRB team to find the gaps in the current plan. The bulk of the work will be to write the FAFP (First article flow plan) that will go out to the quality inspection team.
You will work closely with the QE1 who is pulling the reporting on the current amount of rejected parts, time through inspection, etc. They will be looking ahead on how to improve the plan and rebuild a easily understood inspection plan. The FAI will go into the PPAP but PPAP experience is not necessary. Skills:
Quality Engineer, FAI, MRB, RCCA, APQP, PPAP, Quality engineering, As9100, Quality assurance, Root cause analysis, Quality management system, Aerospace, Fmea, Technical writing, Documentation writingTop Skills For this role
- PPAP, APQP, FAI, MRB
• BS STEM fields OR ~10+ years of quality engineering in a manufacturing environment
• inspection plan writing for AS9100/IATF/TS29001/ISO13485 (regulated industries)
• proficient in blue print reading to create inspection plans
• FAI writing/work instructions from the ground up leading into RCA to understand why the inspection plan did not work
• MRB planning
- Independent worker, ability to make a plan each day of what needs to get done, and do it with out a ton of direction (initiative)
Very Nice to Have Skills
- Experience working within a full PPAP, awareness of the product is good, execution is not necessary
- Lean/Kaizen experience, they do Kaizen events often, so leadership within those would be beneficial
- Hands on experience on the floor working with the quality tech team to understand the gaps in the flow of products
DAY ONE - expected to contribute to a Quality backlog with very minimal training. They will have to do FAI and MRB back logs to clear out quarantined products out, also get rejects out of inventory all together or make necessary adjustments to get them back in work flow.Experience Level:
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.