Salary: 85- 95K
Location: Everett, WA
Direct Hire or 6months contract to hire
Stable and Growing Aerospace Company in the Everett, WA area is currently looking for a Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer will fit into the engineering team and will help design and consolidate space for new products and existing products with new technologies and manufacturing techniques. The Quality Engineer ensures that the company meets Customer, AS9100 and NADCAP expectations for quality compliance, certifications, and inter-company communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Quality Aerospace Engineer:
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key customer representatives.
- Drives timely root cause analysis and implementation of permanent preventative and corrective actions for quality issues working directly with manufacturing teams, customers and suppliers.
- Develops and establishes quality management system procedures, work instructions, and inspection plans to ensure compliance with regulatory and customer specifications and contract requirements.
- Supports AS9100, NADCAP and Customer Audits.
- Performs internal product and process audits, and external supplier audits ensuring compliance with Quality Management System. Develops and initiates programs to improve internal and supplier performance.
- Uses methodical and systemic analytical approaches to perform effective RCCA’s. Assesses quality performance trends and leads improvement efforts.
- Writes work instructions, process, and procedure documents to ensure compliance with product, process, customer, and system requirements.
- Develops statistical process controls by applying and maintaining applicable control charts, providing training and coaching of others throughout the organization in SPC methodology.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continual improvement, lean manufacturing, 5s’, and cost reduction activities to areas of production.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality related activities.
- Provides Quality support for Manufacturing and Design Engineering group with identifying opportunities for improvement, while reviewing drawings, manufacturing sketches, change requests, routings and other engineering related documentation.