The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Quality Assurance Engineer provides overall quality support for manufacturing and quality departments to improve overall Solid-Dosage product quality. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong engineering, quality and operations background.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to reduce defects and quality issues, and make recommendations to improve the production process based on findings from quality analysis.
- Collaboration across multiple disciplines, which is critical for the successful implementation of the corrective actions.
- Interface closely with other cross-functional groups such as our Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D and Quality.
- Sets and monitors SPC data to ensure delivery of consistent quality. Utilize basic statistical tools to analyze for trends or issues.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and specifications to establish product and process capabilities (Cp/Cpk).
- Identify, develop, and implement process controls to meet customer/specification requirements.
- Develops/authors verification and validation protocols (i.e. Validation Plans, IQ/OQ/PQ protocols, validation summary reports).
- Assists and coordinates equipment, cleaning and process validations.
- Participate in and support the maintenance of the Quality Management System and Maintain Quality Department business metrics.
- Lead and / or support thorough investigations of quality issues (CAPA’s, Non-Conformances, Audit Observations, etc.) ensuring effective corrective and / or preventive actions occur.
- Participate in cross-functional teams on process control, improvement, and optimization projects; participate in other continuous improvement projects.
- Performs assessments of any given quality system to determine the effectiveness and dependability of such system.
- Ensures all quality specifications are met for any given product or procedure and suggests methods to bring equipment and work procedures into compliance with quality control standards.
- Direct support of project activities and all other associated Quality functions.
- Assist in investigations, which includes interactions with vendors or Supplier Development and Procurement Management for issues associated with raw materials and components.