Please submit resumes to Ankit -aagrawal(at)divihn(dot)com or Simoneta - spereira(at)Divihn(dot)com.Call Ankit at 630 847 1017 or Simoneta - 630 847 0953 with any questions.
Job Title: Quality Engineer: Telecom/LTE-5G
Duration: 12 months
This is a non exempt position
Position is onsite
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of product validation, feature validation, systems, and performance analysis for 5G (Sub6 and mmW) products Supporting the development and system integration for 5G (Sub6 and mmW) products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Defining system test cases and automation execution to ensure the product meets product and system requirements for customer deployment.
- Supporting HW and RF team for mmW measurement, hardware calibration, and beamforming characterization Performing Quality Assurance (QA) testing, analyzing test results, debugging failures, and working closely with the development team to identify root causes and resolve problems.
- Performing system characterization and validating product specifications by collecting and processing test data Supporting interoperability testing with RAN and core network vendors as part of carrier certification and customer acceptance procedures
- Strong knowledge in LTE/5G air interface protocols, call processing technologies, and network architecture.
- Good Knowledge of LTE/5G system and 3GPP specifications and protocols, including PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC, and PDCP layers.
- Solid understanding of LTE/5G concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, power control, beamforming, and MIMO.
- Experience in test execution and log analysis of LTE/5G 3GPP protocol test plans or LTE Inter-Operability testing.
- Scripting experience specifically in Perl and/or Python Test methodologies.
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Viavi TM500 Willing to travel on demand and be able to work well in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field with 3 years experience.
- Masters degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field with 2 years
- Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with the integrity of manufactured products and processes from an engineering standpoint, esp. design specifications, testing procedures, and minimum quality standards.
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials products.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Areas of specialization include design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control, and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- May also be responsible for the unit's Performance Excellence (Six-Sigma) project portfolio, assuring the effective use of different improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Lean, DESGN, etc) toward the achievement of division or plant strategic goals.
- Requires thorough understanding and application of standard engineering or scientific theories, concepts, principles, and techniques.
- Requires the ability to develop and resolve solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under general direction with defined objectives.
- The approach is consistent with established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Contacts are primarily internal and may be outside of the immediate workgroup or organization.
- Rather infrequent external contacts.
Education: BS Minimum
Experience: 3 Years
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.