- Acts as liaison for customers and external representatives for all quality and manufacturing audits and assists in meeting regulatory, audit and other requirements via phone, email and on-site visitation.
- Leading Member of the Material Review Board, approves disposition.
- Interfaces with Buyers on Supplier related issues.
- Participate in Customer and Supplier on-site visits as required.
- Ability to perform and document product and internal audits.
- Maintains records and assures accuracy: NCMs, calibration, Corrective Actions, Job files.
- Initiates corrective actions (CAR) as required from Customers or to Suppliers and internally.
- Expertise in required systems and regulations such as ISO, API and ability to implement processes in compliance with requirements.
- Provides technical support and review of Request for Quotations (RFQ's) and other customer or technical documents.
- Prepares documentation per customer request such as Failure Analysis, and Warranty determinations.
- Responsible for Document Control for LA-TX: initiating, processing, and storage of controlled documents. Maintenance of master lists.
- Maintains weekly and monthly Quality Metrics for the Company.
- Performance of root cause analysis of nonconforming issues internally and analyzes data to verify and trend warranty conditions.
- Interfaces and provides technical assistance with most departments including Manufacturing, Test Winding, Purchasing
- Reviews and approves data collections for each job. Provides signature of approval.
- Creates and signs Certificates of Compliance after final inspection.
- Inspects all materials and parts visually, mechanically, electrically, as needed, and checks dimensions to insure they meet drawing requirements and specifications.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and assembly schematics.
- Understands and can apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT) to inspection methods.
- Manages calibration program and interfaces with calibration service providers
- Monthly review of calibration recall lists for submittal to calibration service.
- Coordinate calibration of gauges and test equipment with calibration service provider
- Assures new gages are serialized and added to the system.
- Review calibration certificates for accuracy or failures, and assure data is accurately entered into database.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director of Quality Assurance.
Reports to the Director of Quality Assurance. Ensures that all work is done in accordance with Customer specifications and Company Policy. Keeps the Director of Quality Assurance aware of all progress and problems.
Job requires sitting at a desk doing normal office work, including phone communications and using a computer. Also involves standing and walking in an office and a manufacturing facility.
Environmental / Safety / Time Allocation
- Spends approximately 50% of time working at a desk in a normal office environment.
- Spends about 50% of time on work away from desk, including going out into shop and discussing manufacturing issues. Must wear eye protection and any other required personal protective equipment while on the shop floor.
Education / Experience
Associates Degree minimum in Quality Assurance or Technology with 2 to 4 years of experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment. ISO experience a plus.