Develop and lead initiatives to improve internal and external quality for supported product lines and achieve related targets of 92% first pass yield. Lead and promote kaizen activities to help achieve quality, delivery, cost and productivity goals. Develop assembly documentation, workmanship specifications and in cell production controls to prevent and reduce defects. Promote Lean manufacturing principles via the use of Standard Work, Poke-Yoke, FMEA, Visual Management and Variation Reduction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop, lead and implement quality improvement action plans, procedures and processes necessary to achieve and maintain targeted quality performance goals
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge in the areas of quality and lean manufacturing to maximize productivity, quality, and cost efficiency
- Initiate and monitor corrective and preventative actions
- Enforce quality standards
- Provide project leadership for major quality initiatives
- Lead and drive efforts to transition temporary corrective actions to permanent corrective and preventative actions
- Use analytical techniques and tools to study production data, identify trends and define innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Support part and process qualification initiatives for supported product lines
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Engineering Degree or a minimum of 10 years commensurate experience in an engineering related discipline required
- Experience with ISO9001 quality system is required, AS9100 is preferred
- Previous motors experience is preferred
- Previous quality experience is preferred
- Proven experience with leading teams in a lean production environment
- Experience directing and interacting with production personnel
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly, and production equipment
- Knowledge of material procurement functions such as purchasing, inventory, shipping & receiving
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of customers, employees, and suppliers ranging from assembly technicians to Management
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools is required
- Experience with CAD, FEA, and Database systems is preferred
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.